Saturday, February 5, 2011

Jenny Lewis likes 'em big... waves, that is.




The cutest indie rock couple to ever rub their naughty bits on eachother have just treated us to a new video from their debut record.

"Big Wave" is the latest single from I'm Happy Now, the first effort from Jenny Lewis and Johnathan Rice... or Jenny and Johnny, as they are known on the street. The video is directed by photographer Autumn de Wilde and features the lovebirds embarking on a roadtrip in their vintage station wagon while snuggling, blowing kisses at eachother, and other stomach-churning affections of desire. But, there's also a serpent and scenes of gore dripping down a ho's back. I guess that properly cancels out the hipster Hallmark aspect of the video.

Jenny Lewis is probably best known as the frontwoman for Rilo Kiley. Her album with the Watson Twins, Rabbit Fur Coat is still in heavy rotation in my iPod as well.

In all honesty, Jenny Lewis will always be fondly remembered, by me, as that trick from The Golden Girls who kidnapped Rose Nylund's teddy bear, Fernando, at gunpoint. Rose eventually one-upped that bitch at the end of the episode. I also get all nostalgic when I remember Jenny as Hannah Nefler, selling her cookies on Rodeo Drive in the Oscar-snubbed gem, Troop Beverly Hills. My girl has come so far.

Spin has the video for "Big Wave" here.

No comments:

Post a Comment